- want to learn Sign Language?
- want the opportunity to communicate with Deaf people?
- want to understand the Culture of the Deaf?
Does your organization…
- serve people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing?
- want to promote equity with all your clients and workers?
- want to improve your community image?
What is ASL?
ASL (American Sign Language) is the cultural language used by Deaf people in Canada and throughout North America. It is a visual gestural language.
What is Deaf Culture?
Deaf Culture, the result of a common heritage, a shared experience, a multi-generational history and a unique language, binds Deaf Canadians together as a unique cultural group.
Learning ASL opened the lines of communication again between my family and me. I gained welcome, support and insight into a whole community of people that previously had been closed — due to a language barrier. It widened my horizons and opened my eyes to a whole new world.
Caitlin Commanda deafened adult